Definition of snowboard in English:
A board resembling a short, broad ski, used for sliding downhill on snow.
- I dumped the snowboard on the snow and gave the little boy a hug.
- I fell in love with the snow and with my snowboard.
- It boasts a ski rental of over 400 sets of equipment, including snowboards, carving skis, snow blades and even some cross country skis.
verb[no object] Back to top
Slide downhill on a snowboard: (as noun snowboarding) the thrills of snowboarding
More example sentences
- I went snowboarding for the first time a couple of weeks ago.
- And there are beautiful uncluttered slopes for skiing and snowboarding nearby in the Sierra Nevadas.
- I fortunately try to go skiing or snowboarding as much as I can, to keep my muscles in tune.
- Example sentences
- Also, it rankles me to see so much media attention paid to sponsored snowboarders and skiers who are just jumping out of helicopters to do their descents.
- Novice skiers or snowboarders can handle this terrain with basic technique.
- Why do snowboarders use less energy than skiers in the powder?
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan