Definition of snowdrop in English:
A widely cultivated bulbous European plant that bears drooping white flowers during the late winter.
- Galanthus nivalis, family Liliaceae (or Amaryllidaceae)
- Daffodils, wild hyacinths and tulips, snowdrops, bluebells, daisies and buttercups littered the earth.
- It tolerates a lot of shade and is beautiful when planted together with Winter aconite and snowdrops.
- We may see fewer daffodils, bluebells, snowdrops and crocuses, because they like winter cold; and tulips, irises and cyclamens, because they will suffer from winter wet.
Definition of snowdrop in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.