Definition of snowdrop in English:
A widely cultivated bulbous European plant that bears drooping white flowers during the late winter.
- Galanthus nivalis, family Liliaceae (or Amaryllidaceae)
- Daffodils, wild hyacinths and tulips, snowdrops, bluebells, daisies and buttercups littered the earth.
- It tolerates a lot of shade and is beautiful when planted together with Winter aconite and snowdrops.
- We may see fewer daffodils, bluebells, snowdrops and crocuses, because they like winter cold; and tulips, irises and cyclamens, because they will suffer from winter wet.
Definition of snowdrop in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan