Definition of snowflake in English:
1A flake of snow, especially a feathery ice crystal, typically displaying delicate sixfold symmetry.
- He watched the tiny snowflakes drift onto his black jean pants.
- They slowly walked down the road as the tiny white snowflakes fell lightly to the ground.
- Natalie loved the snow and she stood at her window watching the snowflakes fall.
2A white-flowered Eurasian plant related to and resembling the snowdrop, typically blooming in the summer or autumn.
- Genus Leucojum, family Liliaceae (or Amaryllidaceae)
- The summer snowflake also belongs to this group of taller plants.
- In between the hellebores we have planted Leucojum aestivum, the summer snowflake.
- Summer flowering plants are indicated by the Latin name aestate; there's Leucojum aestivum, the summer snowflake, and Adonis aestivalis from the buttercup family.
Definition of snowflake in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan