1A heavy fall of snow, especially with a high wind.
- If the temperature rises during or after a snowstorm, it means heavier, wetter snow will be deposited on a less-stable powder base, increasing the risk of a slide.
- Heavy rain, snowstorms and tornadoes make holiday travel extremely difficult for some travelers tonight.
- In early May an unusually heavy snowstorm deposited record snowfall.
1.1A shower or large quantity of something: it swam away in a flurry of wings and flippers, raising a snowstorm of foam
More example sentences
- It is every air traffic controller's nightmare when a snowstorm of blips shows up on the radar screen.
- When the wind kicks up, I feel as if I'm standing in a snowstorm of pods and pollen.
- But the two fires converged and saturated the compound in what one resident described as ‘a snowstorm of smoke.’
Definition of snowstorm in:
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.