nouninformal , chiefly North American
A sedate and serious person.
More example sentences
- Fred may develop into such a careful old sobersides that his mother will be ashamed of him.
- Fay is no sobersides, but amusement was not his intent.
- Well-crafted dialogue will indicate if a character is smart or dumb, honest or dishonest, amusing or an old sobersides.
- More example sentences
- Controversy and conspiracy theories sell better than sobersided factual analysis, especially in fringe publications.
- If you are looking for more sobersided articles, try the Murdoch-owned Australian.
- I'm probably unbearable in any number of ways, but let it not be said that I'm only grim and sobersided.
Definition of sobersides in:
- The British & World English dictionary