Definition of sobriety in English:
1The state of being sober: the price of beer compelled me to maintain a certain level of sobriety
More example sentences
- This was followed by a series of rapid texts establishing their respective levels of sobriety.
- My reasons tend to vary according to my mood and level of sobriety.
- Treatment has only one goal: sobriety or total abstinence from alcohol or the abused substance.
1.1The quality of being staid or solemn.
- The director Marc Forster's film takes exuberant leaps from the sensible adult sobriety of Edwardian London to the fantasy world of Neverland and back again.
- As they have been realised, the dreams themselves have assumed a peculiar character of sobriety, of the spirit of positivism, and beyond that, of boredom.
- At no stage have we shown, or sought to show, any competence, insight, initiative, wit, sobriety, sincerity or indeed any capability at all.
Words that rhyme with sobrietyanxiety, contrariety, dubiety, impiety, impropriety, inebriety, notoriety, piety, satiety, ubiety, variety
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.