Definition of social drinker in English:
A person who drinks alcohol chiefly on social occasions and only in moderate quantities.
- Arora and colleagues studied the impact of ranitidine on the blood alcohol levels of social drinkers.
- The key targets are social drinkers, those who do not necessarily drink to get drunk, yet who may be irreparably damaging their livers nonetheless through constant consumption.
- Researchers Dieter Meyerhoff of UCSF and Peter Martin of Vanderbilt scanned the brains of 46 heavy social drinkers and 52 light drinkers.
- social drinking noun
- Example sentences
- Maybe he started gambling, social drinking, and heavy eating precisely because he thought they were morally acceptable, but never got into drugs precisely because he thought they were morally wrong.
- Occasions of loneliness, depression, and jealousy led to increased social drinking which became alcoholism and that took years for them both to admit and conquer.
- And there is no such a thing as restricted consumption or social drinking for those prone to liquor addiction.
Definition of social drinker in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.