- A thing originating in the institutions or culture of a society that affects the behavior or attitudes of an individual member of that society.More example sentences
- The second of these social facts is a society's rewarding of people who do not break its laws.
- When it comes to criminal justice, which is always a mirror of social justice, the state, in this case the courts, imperatively has to take note of the social facts relevant to the construction of values, principles and rules.
- Any large-scale public program encounters similar administrative difficulties when it uses simple rules to approximate complex social facts.
More definitions of social factDefinition of social fact in:
- The British & World English dictionary