(also social market)
- An economic system based on a free market operated in conjunction with state provision for those unable to sell their labor, such as people who are elderly or unemployed.More example sentences
- They often object to the community ethic that underpins the social market economy, preferring a more individualistic approach to society.
- And in Germany we have a certain culture, a social market economy.
- The social market economy, which we embrace, is based on these principles.
More definitions of social market economyDefinition of social market economy in:
- The British & World English dictionary