Definition of social network in English:
1A network of social interactions and personal relationships.
- Global measures assess the degree of social integration or embeddedness in a social network more broadly.
- Social isolation is not just a reflection of erosion of social networks between Somalis.
- One neglected aspect of sibling influence is the extent to which siblings influence a child's social network.
2A dedicated website or other application that enables users to communicate with each other by posting information, comments, messages, images, etc.
- The data also revealed a widespread apathy to the prospect of purchasing through social networks.
- The worst examples of data overload can be found inside the social networks themselves.
- Their plans are dominated by a mass migration of social networks to mobile phones.
Definition of social network in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan