1Any government system that provides monetary assistance to people with an inadequate or no income.
- He talked about simplifying tax and social security to benefit those who have the least.
- Maxine Carr was spared jail today after admitting she lied to get jobs and claim social security benefits.
- In addition to a claim for damages, an injured employee may also have a claim for various social security benefits.
1.1 (Social Security) (In the US) a federal insurance program that provides benefits to retired people and those who are unemployed or disabled.
- Let me be very clear in reference to any proposal to cut Social Security payments or benefits.
- One way out of the fiscal trap is to slow the rate of growth of Social Security benefits.
- The future of the federally funded Social Security pension system is itself in doubt.
Definition of social security in:
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.