Definition of social security in English:
1Any government system that provides monetary assistance to people with an inadequate or no income.
- He talked about simplifying tax and social security to benefit those who have the least.
- Maxine Carr was spared jail today after admitting she lied to get jobs and claim social security benefits.
- In addition to a claim for damages, an injured employee may also have a claim for various social security benefits.
1.1 (Social Security) (In the US) a federal insurance program that provides benefits to retired people and those who are unemployed or disabled.
- Let me be very clear in reference to any proposal to cut Social Security payments or benefits.
- One way out of the fiscal trap is to slow the rate of growth of Social Security benefits.
- The future of the federally funded Social Security pension system is itself in doubt.
Definition of social security in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia