Definition of socioeconomic in English:
Relating to or concerned with the interaction of social and economic factors.
- There can be no denying the correlation between socio-economic factors and academic success.
- The more mobile a person is, the wider the circle of socio-economic interaction that would be available to him.
- The key factor in socio-economic developments in the early modern period was changes in population movements.
- Example sentences
- We have made the point several times that the people bearing the brunt of crime live mostly in socio-economically depressed areas.
- In theory, all public schools throughout the state, whether located in socio-economically disadvantaged regions, isolated rural districts or better-off metropolitan suburbs, were allocated teachers on a common basis.
- For both studies, participants were recruited from 3 primary care practices in geographically and socio-economically distinct regions of suburban Melbourne.
Definition of socioeconomic in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan