1The study of the development, structure, and functioning of human society.
- Adorno is undoubtedly the most important figure in the development of the sociology of music in the 20th century.
- Interestingly, these two chapters refer to Feagin as developing a new urban sociology.
- To look at studies and scholars in the sociology of religion demonstrates the roles in structuring society that religion fulfils.
1.1The study of social problems.
- Best devotes considerable energy to situating himself in the historiography of the sociology of deviance and social control.
- This curriculum first introduces middle school aged children to the history, psychology and sociology of prejudice and discrimination.
- A sociology of violence in the schools is primarily a sociology of exclusion.
- Example sentences
- Because he was thinking sociologically, Goffman asked questions of his data that others with different agendas and interests would not have asked.
- Psychological functionalisms hold that people participate in religious activities to reduce anxiety whereas more sociologically oriented ones see religions as acting to increase social solidarity.
- The books share a methodology of using an official series of departure records to constitute a cohort of emigrants to be analyzed sociologically and then followed in their experiences overseas.
Definition of sociology in:
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.