- A white powdery compound used mainly in the manufacture of fertilizers.
More example sentences
- Chemical formula: NaNO3
- Like magic, the garden's flowers and vegetables grew at a phenomenal rate, and the market for sodium nitrate as a fertilizer was born.
- Hassett and a 15-member research team from the U.S. and Canada found that slightly acidified sodium nitrate is able to penetrate the antibiotic-resistant organism.
- Saltpetre or sodium nitrate is used in cured meats.
More definitions of sodium nitrateDefinition of sodium nitrate in:
- The British & World English dictionary