Definition of sodium thiosulphate in English:
A white soluble compound used in photography as a fixer to dissolve unchanged silver halides. Also called hypo1.
- Chemical formula: Na2S2O3
- Excess silver is removed by sodium thiosulfate.
- One fixative used commonly is sodium thiosulfate.
- The process involves adding a 10% solution of sodium thiosulfate to the second developer.
Definition of sodium thiosulphate in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.