- A Caribbean and Latin American sauce of tomatoes, onions, peppers, garlic, and herbs.More example sentences
- There are beautifully fried morsels of goat cheese, too, in a vibrant, tomatoey sofrito sauce that has an earthy red-chile undertone.
- Many Puerto Rican dishes are seasoned with a savory mixture of spices known as sofrito.
- Add 2 tablespoons Sofrito to meat and rice dishes for added flavor and seasoning.
American Spanish, from past participle of Spanish sofreír 'to fry'.
More definitions of sofritoDefinition of sofrito in:
- The British & World English dictionary