- The fleshy, flexible part toward the back of the roof of the mouth.More example sentences
- Clinically, the patient had an extensive ulcerating tonsillar tumour involving the right-sided soft palate, posterior buccal mucosa and posterior tongue base.
- Scattered taste buds are also found in the epithelium of the soft palate, pharynx, larynx and epiglottis.
- These interruptions in your breathing, which can last 10 seconds or longer, occur when the muscles in your soft palate, uvula, tongue and tonsils relax during sleep.
More definitions of soft palateDefinition of soft palate in:
- The British & World English dictionary