- A persuasive approach to international relations, typically involving the use of economic or cultural influence. Compare with hard power.More example sentences
- For a man supposedly plotting a leadership coup in London, he was actually giving his own quiet demonstration of soft power.
- The Iranian government has seized the opportunity to wield the soft power of persuasion.
- An audience member asked Rumsfeld for his opinion on soft power.
More definitions of soft powerDefinition of soft power in:
- The British & World English dictionary