- A substance or device that softens something, especially a fabric softener.More example sentences
- It's not true that colouring causes loss of hair and leaves the hair dry - with use of correct shampoos and softeners, you can keep your hair healthy.
- Modern household softeners have an automatic backwash or regeneration cycle to clean off the salt and allow it to resume its task.
- Residues from fabric softeners, as well as the fragrances commonly used in them, can be irritating to susceptible people.
More definitions of softenerDefinition of softener in:
- The British & World English dictionary