- short for tonic sol-fa.More example sentences
- Tonic Sol-fa is thus a system of aural training, and, once beginners have become familiar with the sol-fa syllables, they should be able to pitch the notes of a simple diatonic tune.
- Parents are reported to be moving children to schools with better sol-fa teaching.
- Before attempting to sing the words of any song, we were required to work out our parts by singing over and over the proper sol-fa syllables.
verb (sol-fas, sol-faing, sol-faed /-ˈfäd/)[with object] Back to top
- Sing using the sol-fa syllables.More example sentences
- In Buenos Aires he was named in the Musical Municipal Conservatory, 1930, teacher of theory and sol-faing.
More definitions of sol-faDefinition of sol-fa in:
- The British & World English dictionary