Definition of soldier beetle in English:
An elongated flying beetle with soft downy wing cases, typically found on flowers where it hunts other insects.
- Family Cantharidae: several genera
- Two girls watch soldier beetles mating, the male expressively raising his middle two legs on either side now and then.
- Her husband, Kenneth, was a mail carrier who happened to be a renowned connoisseur of soldier beetles.
- But other good beetles, like the soldier beetle and the common ground beetle, inhabit local yards.
Definition of soldier beetle in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan