- 1A metal plate forming the base of an electric iron, machine saw, or other machine.More example sentences
- A press cloth also prevents the build-up of fabric finishes and spray starch on the iron soleplate.
- The soleplate comes to a point, making it easy to iron button bands and gathers.
- 2A horizontal timber at the base of a wall frame.More example sentences
- It is important that the foundations are constructed accurately to the timber frame soleplate to ensure a successful and smooth running project.
- The soleplates may be fixed by shot-firing through the timber into the concrete slab or using stainless steel soleplate fixing shoes.
More definitions of soleplateDefinition of soleplate in:
- The British & World English dictionary