Definition of solfège in English:
1.1An exercise in singing using solmization syllables.
- Get into a practicing mindset: Add Solfège to your daily practicing routine and develop your own exercises.
- Traditionally, solfège is taught in a series of exercises of gradually increasing difficulty, each of which is also known as a "solfège".
2The study of singing and musicianship using solmization syllables.
- In the 1600's the French standardized the use of solfège as we know it today.
- A child prodigy, he won the first prize for solfège at the Paris Conservatoire when he was seven.
- Another positive aspect of using Solfege is that it will help to improve your sight reading skills - not only in terms of singing but also on your instrument.
Early 20th century: French, from Italian solfeggio.
Definition of solfège in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan