- Denoting or relating to an electric guitar without a sound box, the strings being mounted on a solid shaped block forming the guitar body.More example sentences
- Paul was a terrific jazz guitarist who invented the solid-body electric guitar in 1947, helping usher in America's most liberating cultural invention of the latter 20th century, rock 'n' roll.
- The other major technological innovation that gave rise to the garage band explosion was the availability of inexpensive, solid-body electric guitars, usually mass-produced in the United States or Japan.
- Changing to a solid-body guitar, he cranked out a revved-up rendition of ‘I Can't Stand Up For Falling Down.’
More definitions of solid-bodyDefinition of solid-body in:
- The British & World English dictionary