- A solid mixture containing a minor component uniformly distributed within the crystal lattice of the major component.More example sentences
- Martensite is a supersaturated solid solution of carbon in iron which has a body-centred tetragonal structure, a distorted form of bcc iron.
- If the two metal atoms are about the same size and have the same crystallographic structure, then the two metals may form a solid solution.
- Their catalyst is a solid solution of zinc sulfide, copper indium sulfide, and silver indium sulfide.
More definitions of solid solutionDefinition of solid solution in:
- The British & World English dictionary