- 1In some way; by some means: somehow I managed to get the job doneMore example sentences
- He hasn't done a full days' work since the 70s but still somehow manages to live like a king.
- As ever, he managed somehow to talk her round, the mark of a charming man who led a charmed existence.
- I followed her words and despite the pain, I managed to somehow overcome a lot of the pain.
- 1.1For a reason that is not known or specified: he looked different somehowMore example sentences
- We laughed at ourselves, but for some reason we somehow never made it back to his little shop.
- We knew he was somehow different but were captivated by his knowledge and sense of fun.
- Natai was right, he wasn't the angel he had once been, and he was different somehow.