- A form used in the composition of a song, in particular a simple melody and accompaniment or a three-part work in which the third part is a repetition of the first.More example sentences
- The song form provides the few simple rules that provide an identity for the music and a direction for the musicians, but they are general enough to allow for infinite variety as the musicians create together.
- Nocturama's ten songs are mostly ballads, a song form Cave has a proven mastery of, and yet all but one of those ballads is wholly ineffective.
- In song form, ‘Highway Patrolman’ is a pop-simple retelling of Cain and Abel in a brother-against-brother make-it-to-the-border chase.
More definitions of song formDefinition of song form in:
- The British & World English dictionary