Definition of song sparrow in English:
A sparrowlike North American bird related to the buntings, noted for its constant and characteristic song.
- Melospiza melodia, family Emberizidae (subfamily Emberizinae)
- He describes flight behavior, feathers, and other detailed characteristics of birds such as the song sparrow, shown here.
- Our most common year-around sparrow is the song sparrow.
- The thistle feeder is dominated by goldfinches, although an occasional house finch or song sparrow sneaks a snack.
Definition of song sparrow in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.