Definition of song sparrow in English:
A sparrowlike North American bird related to the buntings, noted for its constant and characteristic song.
- Melospiza melodia, family Emberizidae (subfamily Emberizinae)
- He describes flight behavior, feathers, and other detailed characteristics of birds such as the song sparrow, shown here.
- Our most common year-around sparrow is the song sparrow.
- The thistle feeder is dominated by goldfinches, although an occasional house finch or song sparrow sneaks a snack.
Definition of song sparrow in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan