Definition of song thrush in English:
A common European and central Asian thrush with a buff spotted breast, having a loud song in which each phrase is repeated two or three times.
- Turdus philomelos, subfamily Turdinae, family Muscicapidae
- These include such species as black grouse and curlew, which are associated with upland areas, as well as the song thrush, spotted flycatcher and linnet.
- According to the massive Birds of the Western Palearctic the song thrush possesses the largest repertoire of any European thrush.
- Birds suffering the steepest falls include the blackbird, dunnock, song thrush, and four types of warbler.
Definition of song thrush in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.