Definition of song thrush in English:
A common European and central Asian thrush with a buff spotted breast, having a loud song in which each phrase is repeated two or three times.
- Turdus philomelos, subfamily Turdinae, family Muscicapidae
- These include such species as black grouse and curlew, which are associated with upland areas, as well as the song thrush, spotted flycatcher and linnet.
- According to the massive Birds of the Western Palearctic the song thrush possesses the largest repertoire of any European thrush.
- Birds suffering the steepest falls include the blackbird, dunnock, song thrush, and four types of warbler.
Definition of song thrush in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan