verb[with object] (usually be sonicated)
- Subject (a biological sample) to ultrasonic vibration so as to fragment the cells, macromolecules, and membranes.More example sentences
- The sample was sonicated to clarity in a sonication bath (Ultrawave).
- The samples were sonicated for 30 min, followed by centrifugation and overnight incubation at 65°C as described above.
- The samples were sonicated for 12 sec and cell number was analyzed using a Coulter counter.
nounBack to top
- A biological sample that has been sonicated.More example sentences
- Finally, the sonicate in the third cuvette was additionally treated with DNase for another 1 h at 25 deg C, then Cyan 40 was added and the emission spectrum was recorded.
- The sonicate was cleared by centrifugation at 12,000 g for 30 minutes at 4°C.
- The sonicate was cleared by microcentrifugation for 5 min at 4° and mixed with the anti-HA.11 antibody coupled to Sepharose beads (prewashed three times with lysis buffer).
More definitions of sonicateDefinition of sonicate in:
- The British & World English dictionary