Definition of sonicate in English:
verb[with object] (usually be sonicated)
Subject (a biological sample) to ultrasonic vibration so as to fragment the cells, macromolecules, and membranes.
- The sample was sonicated to clarity in a sonication bath (Ultrawave).
- The samples were sonicated for 30 min, followed by centrifugation and overnight incubation at 65°C as described above.
- The samples were sonicated for 12 sec and cell number was analyzed using a Coulter counter.
nounBack to top
A biological sample that has been sonicated.
- Finally, the sonicate in the third cuvette was additionally treated with DNase for another 1 h at 25 deg C, then Cyan 40 was added and the emission spectrum was recorded.
- The sonicate was cleared by centrifugation at 12,000 g for 30 minutes at 4°C.
- The sonicate was cleared by microcentrifugation for 5 min at 4° and mixed with the anti-HA.11 antibody coupled to Sepharose beads (prewashed three times with lysis buffer).
Definition of sonicate in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.