Definition of sonogram in English:
1A graph representing a sound, showing the distribution of energy at different frequencies.
- A link brings you to an informative introduction, followed by a list of six birds whose sounds are represented as sonograms and in musical notation.
- Cross-correlation coefficients computed from comparisons of sonograms reflect differences in the spectral and temporal characteristics of the call, as well as differences in signal-to-noise ratio.
- After amassing a collection of sonograms, scientists can build a dictionary of sounds and search for patterns.
2A visual image produced from an ultrasound examination.
- In contrast, a bilateral, solid, irregular, and fixed mass palpated or seen on sonogram should alert the clinician to a possible carcinoma.
- A sonogram uses sound waves to make pictures of organs in the body.
- Instead, he may use sound waves for a sonarlike mapping power that doesn't need x-rays - much as doctors use sound to create sonograms of unborn babies.
Definition of sonogram in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia