- A substance that has the property of collecting molecules of another substance by sorption.More example sentences
- The high surface area of the silicon dioxide makes it a natural sorbent for capturing more carbon dioxide and sulfur dioxide.
- Following this is an acid gas sorbent for collection of chemical agent acid gas by-products.
- This technique quickly removes water and nontarget compounds with magnesium sulfate and a primary-secondary amine sorbent.
early 20th century: from sorb 'take up by sorption', on the pattern of absorbent.
More definitions of sorbentDefinition of sorbent in:
- The British & World English dictionary