Definition of sorghum in English:
1A widely cultivated cereal native to warm regions of the Old World. It is a major source of grain and of feed for livestock.
- Genus Sorghum, family Gramineae: many species, in particular S. bicolor and its cultivars
- They also eat grains such as Chinese sorghum, corn, millet, oats, and buckwheat.
- The major agricultural products are wheat, rice, barley, corn, sorghum, sugarcane, potatoes, and fruits.
- Brewing materials such as maize, sorghum and finger millet were in abundance in the area but were now being ferried to a neighbouring country.
Definition of sorghum in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan