Definition of souffle in:
- British & World English dictionary
1A light, spongy baked dish made typically by adding flavored egg yolks to stiffly beaten egg whites.
- Bake soufflés for 12-15 minutes.
- Get married, own a business, have children, run a marathon, care for a dying relative, bake a perfect soufflé, practice yoga.
- It could barely have been better: the soufflé was light and moist, and perfectly complemented by a rich, creamy sauce given an edge by the confit.
1.1Any of various light dishes made with beaten egg whites.
- For dessert Abi and I both had the dark chocolate soufflé with apricot sorbet.
- The hot cinder toffee soufflé with treacle sauce will make sweet-tooths swoon.
- The best of the classic items was the crème caramel; the worst, unaccountably, was the chocolate soufflé.
Words that rhyme with souffléstroke play • bouclé
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.