Definition of soul-searching in English:
Deep and anxious consideration of one’s emotions and motives or of the correctness of a course of action.
- The experience was a time of deep reflection and soul-searching.
- We are, very simply, unprepared for dealing with pangs of shame or for undertaking spiritual soul-searchings.
- I have a lot of thinking to do, a lot of soul-searching to find my motives for wanting to do this and for why I haven't already.
adjectiveBack to top
Involving or expressing deep consideration: long, soul-searching conversations about religion
More example sentences
- Your team will need to have soul-searching conversations about the supplier responses.
- Hal admits to having taken it, and after a long soul-searching conversation, father and son are finally reconciled.
- It is a soul-searching journey, incorporating mind matters and spirit matters, a gradual awakening to the joys of spiritual awareness on a road to discovery.
Definition of soul-searching in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan