Preventing, or constructed of material that prevents, the passage of sound: there was a soundproof, state-of-the-art recording studio
More example sentences
- By installing soundproof glass on the upper floor, we have succeeded in creating different sound zones with distinct moods.
- The glass was soundproof, but Zac read lips very well.
- Forget soundproof windows; how about just designing room doors so they don't slam shut so loudly as to wake guests in the next room?
Make (a room or building) resistant to the passage of sound.
- Of the practice rooms, 70 had to be soundproofed so that noise from one did not leak to its neighbours.
- Apart from ensuring the entire premises is air conditioned both men also highlighted that parts of the premises will also be soundproofed to ensure one activity will not interfere with others.
- A few more steps takes you through to the 400 seat auditorium that has been soundproofed with wooden panelled walls and tiers down to overlook a lovely proscenium.
- Example sentences
- As a result of the renovations the club will no longer feature live music because of the cost of soundproofing and double-glazing the windows.
- Some people are talking about adjusting traffic patterns to try to help with the noise, but a more reasonable solution might be focusing on adding soundproofing to noisy areas where people live or work.
- His wheezing and giggling are driving me crazy and even with the soundproofing in the back room the bass from the club is making my eyes hurt.
Definition of soundproof in:
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.