- A method of treating food by partial cooking followed by vacuum-sealing and chilling.More example sentences
- The newspaper reported that 8 restaurants have been approved to use sous vide in their kitchens.
- For home cooks like me, the main disadvantages of sous vide seem to be time and cost.
adjective & adverbBack to top
- (Of food or cooking) involving sous vide preparation: [as adjective]: a convection oven can be used in sous vide operations [as adverb]: cooking cuisine sous videMore example sentences
- In addition to saving time, cooking the egg yolk sous vide opens up the opportunity to flavor the egg with herbs, salt, pepper, oil, or anything else while it cooks in the bag.
French, literally 'under vacuum'.
More definitions of sous videDefinition of sous vide in:
- The British & World English dictionary