Definition of souse in English:
Soak in or drench with liquid: souse the quilts in warm suds until thoroughly clean
More example sentences
- Choppy waves soused the seaweed which clung to the rocks.
- Shredded carrots are soused in soy sauce and mixed with sesame seeds, coriander and arame, a Japanese algae seaweed product.
- My savarin with rum and muscatel tasted like a stale doughnut soused in wine.
nounBack to top
1.1North American & West Indian Pickled food, especially a pig’s head.
- Other popular dishes are dumpling and pig-tail or cow-heel soup, souse, and chicken stew.
- I ate pigfoot souse, which I hadn't in a couple years.
- She includes many Caribbean specialities, like souse, and ackee and saltfish, and the glowing photography makes even something as plain as yam in butter sauce look like a long-awaited feast.
Words that rhyme with sousedouse, dowse, Gauss, grouse, house, Klaus, louse, Manaus, mouse, nous, Rouse, spouse, Strauss
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.