Definition of souslik in English:
A short-tailed ground squirrel native to Eurasia and the Arctic.
- Genus Spermophilus, family Sciuridae: several species, in particular the European souslik (S. citellus)
- European sousliks bring food into the lodge for consumption, and they provide food for the young.
- Three other animals currently undergoing intense reintegration efforts at Prague Zoo are the barn owl, the souslik and the European bison.
- Even unique mammals such as sousliks, saiga antelope, and Asiatic cheetah may survive in the remote reaches of these mountains and valleys.
Late 18th century: from Russian.
Words that rhyme with sousliksaltlick • cowlick • gemütlich
Definition of souslik in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.