(also suslik /ˈsəsˌlik/)
Definition of souslik in English:
A short-tailed ground squirrel native to Eurasia and the Arctic.
- Genus Spermophilus, family Sciuridae: several species, in particular the European souslik (S. citellus)
- European sousliks bring food into the lodge for consumption, and they provide food for the young.
- Three other animals currently undergoing intense reintegration efforts at Prague Zoo are the barn owl, the souslik and the European bison.
- Even unique mammals such as sousliks, saiga antelope, and Asiatic cheetah may survive in the remote reaches of these mountains and valleys.
late 18th century: from Russian.
Definition of souslik in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan