- Toward the southeast: he walked southeastward from the riverMore example sentences
- It has been suggested that a central authority should construct huge reservoirs on the Ganga and Brahmaputra and link these two mighty rivers with canals, thereby diverting surplus waters south-eastwards into the Mahanadi.
- The River Tigris rises in Turkey and flows south-eastwards for 1200 miles, before merging with the Euphrates and eventually flowing into the Persian Gulf.
- A two-storey semi-circular arc of accommodation embraces a green public space which looks south-eastwards over the river to the endless landscape.
adjectiveBack to top
- Situated in, directed toward, or facing the southeast.More example sentences
- Palaeocurrents in these formations are again variable, with a northward and south-eastward component.
More definitions of southeastwardDefinition of southeastward in:
- The British & World English dictionary