- A wind blowing from the southwest.More example sentences
- By last night the wind had dropped to a southwester of about 10 knots.
- The Durban-based yacht was off Kwelera Point near Gonubie, but the swell, whipped up by a 60 km/h southwester, prevented the rescue boat from coming alongside.
- About 40 people including the master and the man in charge of the salvage operation remained on board last night when rough seas and a 90 km/h southwester prevented their leaving.
More definitions of southwesterDefinition of southwester in:
- The British & World English dictionary