1A widely cultivated plant of the pea family which produces edible seeds.
- Glycine max, family Leguminosae.
- In leguminous crops such as soybean, the seed coat also has a significant impact in the agricultural marketplace as a component or by-product of processed seeds.
- Thermotolerance acquisition and expression of heat shock proteins has also been found in the cultivated leguminous soybean.
- As with many aspects of farming, planting soybeans into rye is still a process under development.
1.1The seed of the soybean plant, used in a variety of foods and fodder, especially as a replacement for animal protein.
- In addition, they reported that nonGM wheat is replacing GM corn and soybeans in their food products.
- Those allergic to soybeans must avoid eating foods containing its proteins.
- Despite the growing organic food business and protests of anti-G.M. food groups, Americans already eat lots of genetically modified food, mostly soybeans and corn.
For editors and proofreaders
Definition of soybean in:
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.