Definition of space cadet in English:
1A trainee astronaut.
- Hey, I'm not gonna have my future space cadet be late for training.
- White teeth, square jaws and perfectly coiffed tresses are the order of the day for both sexes in this film, as a group of brave youngsters sign up to become elite space cadets and save their world.
1.2 informal A person perceived as out of touch with reality, as though high on drugs.
- Sometimes she could be a little bit of a space cadet, but that was only because of her attention deficit disorder, which was kept in check by the meds supplied by her mother every morning when she woke up.
- But Ashley is still the space cadet that we know and love.
- He's a total space cadet if he thinks we can track down a fictitious character.
Definition of space cadet in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.