Definition of space cadet in English:
1A trainee astronaut.
- Hey, I'm not gonna have my future space cadet be late for training.
- White teeth, square jaws and perfectly coiffed tresses are the order of the day for both sexes in this film, as a group of brave youngsters sign up to become elite space cadets and save their world.
1.2 informal A person perceived as out of touch with reality, as though high on drugs.
- Sometimes she could be a little bit of a space cadet, but that was only because of her attention deficit disorder, which was kept in check by the meds supplied by her mother every morning when she woke up.
- But Ashley is still the space cadet that we know and love.
- He's a total space cadet if he thinks we can track down a fictitious character.
Definition of space cadet in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan