- Disused satellites and other man-made debris in orbit around the earth: windows on the space shuttle are replaced regularly because of chipping caused by collisions with small pieces of space junkMore example sentences
- People from across the UK have reported seeing bright objects in the night sky, thought to be meteors or "space junk".
- More than just an aesthetic problem, space junk can crash into satellites and endanger ships passing through on their way to deeper space.
- With satellites in LEO typically travelling at roughly 17,000 km/h, any collision with space junk is likely to be catastrophic.
More definitions of space junkDefinition of space junk in:
- The British & World English dictionary