- An aircraft that takes off and lands conventionally but is capable of entry into orbit or travel through space.More example sentences
- With nothing but the nearby town in view, one can easily imagine a future where spaceplanes take off and land from a bustling facility on the site.
- At present NASA is committed to the construction of a light spaceplane for carrying astronauts to and from the beleaguered International Space Station - now manned by an emergency crew of two.
- Projects like the HOTOL spaceplane have been rare exceptions to British disinterest in human spaceflight.
More definitions of spaceplaneDefinition of spaceplane in:
- The British & World English dictionary