Definition of spacious in English:
(Especially of a room or building) having ample space.
- There are two other rooms on the ground floor, a shower room and a spacious store room.
- The rooms are spacious and the large windows should ensure a bright and open feeling.
- The spacious rooms of the centre will be used for singing, dancing, drama and classes in being a DJ.
- Example sentences
- The interior is dramatic rather than immediately romantic, but dimmed lighting and spaciously divided tables make it perfect for an intimate rendezvous - which is lucky, since I took my fiancé e to dine.
- The atmosphere is decidedly homey, with tables and sofas spaciously dispersed to give each customer his own intimate space.
- Inside, the shop is well-lighted, the aisles wide and the stalls laid out spaciously, so there is plenty of room for anyone in a wheelchair.
- Example sentences
- The bedrooms are not all large but ingenious contemporary design manages to give a feeling of spaciousness and some rooms overlook the swimming pool with the sea behind, and a view of Spargi island.
- They further extended perceived interior spaciousness by installing large expanses of glass with views into the front, rear, and side yards.
- A probing torch beam reveals distant rock faces, giving the impression of great spaciousness, of room to swim and explore.
Words that rhyme with spaciousAthanasius, audacious, bodacious, cactaceous, capacious, carbonaceous, contumacious, Cretaceous, curvaceous, disputatious, edacious, efficacious, fallacious, farinaceous, flirtatious, foliaceous, fugacious, gracious, hellacious, herbaceous, Ignatius, loquacious, mendacious, mordacious, ostentatious, perspicacious, pertinacious, pugnacious, rapacious, sagacious, salacious, saponaceous, sebaceous, sequacious, setaceous, tenacious, veracious, vexatious, vivacious, voracious
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.