- (Of wood) containing blackish irregular lines as a result of fungal decay, and sometimes used to produce a decorative surface.More example sentences
- These guitars and basses feature spalted maple bodies with matching fretboards, offering a different look from most guitars.
- You can use chunks or shavings of spalted wood instead of the brew, but it takes forever, and sometimes doesn't start because it is dead.
- After a long walk thru the woods I may end the day empty handed or find one beautifully spalted dead log that will keep me busy for weeks.
1970s: from dialect spalt 'to split, splinter' + -ed1.
More definitions of spaltedDefinition of spalted in:
- The British & World English dictionary