- Slap with one’s open hand or a flat object, especially on the buttocks as a punishment: she was spanked for spilling ink on the carpetMore example sentences
- He used to spank them with the belt, but we both did that, because it was acceptable.
- Mr. Bear returns, discovers the naughtiness and punishes Edith by spanking her.
- He brought me home with the belt, spanking me when I went.
nounBack to top
- A slap with one’s open hand, especially on the buttocks.More example sentences
- The last spank made her yelp like a mouse that was caught by an angry cat.
early 18th century: perhaps imitative.