- A chicken or game bird split open and grilled.More example sentences
- He treats the proper cooking of a spatchcock as a matter of import on which worlds will begin and end.
- If a recipe calls for spatchcocks, you can use Cornish game hens
verb[with object] Back to top
- 1.1 • informal , chiefly British Add (a phrase, sentence, clause, etc.) in a context where it is inappropriate: a new clause has been spatchcocked into the billMore example sentences
- She is used to six hours of gymnastics somehow spatchcocked on to a normal school day.
- A shopping bag that had had flour and two types of sugar in it was spatchcocked on the kitchen floor.
- I hated letting down the BarbarbarbarbarBinger (for the party twas her very own) but it was right and proper that I stayed spatchcocked at home.
More definitions of spatchcockDefinition of spatchcock in:
- The British & World English dictionary