noun (plural same or spearfishes)
- A billfish that resembles the marlin.
More example sentences
- Genus Tetrapturus, family Istiophoridae: several species
- The same day we catch our last marlin we hook and land a spearfish.
- The seas seem to have just marlin and spearfish.
- There's a trophy for the biggest spearfish over 30 pounds.
verb[no object] Back to top
- Fish using a spear: resort owners do not allow tourists to spearfish (as noun spearfishing) spearfishing is strictly illegal in the marine parksMore example sentences
- Of all shark attacks worldwide, nearly all occur on surfers and many were directly related to fishing or spearfishing.
- Trawling, rod-and-line fishing and spearfishing were banned.
- Malta's clear waters are home to plentiful fish, despite continuing illegal spearfishing.
More definitions of spearfishDefinition of spearfish in:
- The British & World English dictionary